Monday, May 12, 2008

Reiki and my mother's pancreatic cancer. Diary No. 7

Two sessions - last night was uneventful. My mother woke up on Mother's Day really full of energy and life. It was really wonderful to see. She also ate an entire lobster dinner - an entire 1.5 lb lobster, some potatoes and sauteed baby arugula, with some ice cream for dessert.

Reiki last night was uneventful. I was kind of tired, so I only did 1/2 hour. With a plain Reiki CD.

Tonight was a little more eventful. I returned from teaching this evening to find her a little uncomfortable - that area of her tumor was sore and her back ached. This is to be expected, I suspect, when you're killing it off with such intense radiation - inflammation.

So, I gave her a dose of Maitake D fraction tincture, IP6 Inositol, and tumeric. I put the Mushroom tincture in some freshly made juice - beet, celery, carrot, apple, and a splash of oj. I'd like to make it less sweet but otherwise she won't drink it. The resistance to the supplements disappeared today with the appearance of the pain again (she had no pain last week while undergoing cyberknife treatments). She was also worried about what she'd be like in 6 months. We're not going to have any idea of that until the check ups and blood work at the end of the month. She still says she wants to live 10 more years and is determined to heal herself. Her mind kind of got blown out by the anesthesia, so it's hard for her to really organize her thinking enough to take charge of anything, but lets see. It's a good sign in any case.

One of the most enjoyable parts of the treatment are the massages I give her - jojoba massage oil scented with lavender and chamomile. She really feels soothed and gets relaxed, although I always have trouble getting the left side of her body to really relax - like her left foot is always wanting to flex. I wonder what kind of tension causes that.....

She's really beginning like that Dick Sutphen Healing Force CD. He's forceful and not wishy washy, while still being gentle. By the end she's always happy and relaxed. I do Reiki while she listens to it.

At the end of the session tonight, I figured I should do the aura clearing I learned in the ART class, given the radiation she received. Tonight she told me she feels fresh and polished when I'm done with it - interesting.

She also was visualizing old grass clippings as I was clearing her torso area. Very interesting as well, since I was also thinking of something like that - little bits of old energy that's not useful anymore, so it's healthier to get it out of there. And she feels all polished afterwards.

Now if we can only get consistent eating, without feeling like her inner child has come out in full force around the food issue, I'd feel like she's really going to be successful with the self-healing.

No comments: