Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Reiki and Pancreatic Cancer. Diary No. 6

Quick update on today's energy healing sessions. Yes plural. I'm going to report on the Vortex healing sessions that Pauline comes over to do weekly, as well as the Reiki sessions that I'm doing every night with my mother. We've become a healing tag team and things are working synergistically I feel.

Vortex healing seems to be able to work in a more self-directed, different way than Reiki. The practitioner can use his or her will to guide the energy. In this case, Pauline is a psychic and medical intuitive, so she can get stronger (or should I say louder?) guidance. When I'm doing something it's just a strong intuition that comes through.

The vortex healing session also has an order that involves relaxation, energizing, and then the work. I find it fascinating. I've received healing sessions where I get distinct energetic sensations where the healing is taking place, or where Pauline is putting in "structures."

Anyway, this afternoon my mother's 70-year old leg injury (a broken tibia from an ice skating accident as a chile) was hurting her. It has NEVER hurt before this, and I thought that was fascinating. She hurt it when she was the end of a whip at a night skating session, and her skate caught on a bracelet that had been frozen in to the ice. Her father found it the next day, and she thinks she still has the bracelet in her possession.

I'm not sure whether there are mother issues around the injury - i.e. not emotionally nurturing enough during the recovery (I'll tell you why in a minute), or whether it's an emotional issue around the fact that the bone was set without anesthesia, which obviously was extremely painful, or whether it's related to the fact that her mother was always trying to get her to eat things she didnt' want to as a kid (as you can imagine, I'm having this trouble right now). Whatever it was, I'm sure the pain came up to get healed or as part of the process of healing. It was hurting my mom quite a lot actually.

I thought the pain could be related to a nurturing issue because Pauline got the sense that my mom's mother, who was a lovely person but who, as a traditional Victorian-era WASP was not apt to be physically demonstrative with her children, was at the session and Pauline felt that she was regretting not being more physically affectionate with her children. Hmmm, somehow this is related to the emotional component of my mom's cancer. Perhaps my mother's problem communicating her emotions, or sometimes feeling them in the first place comes from this?

Tonight the Reiki session was similar to the other ones, except my mom felt my hands were especially hot. I invoke the heavy hitters for help - Drs. Usui, Hayashi, Mrs. Takata and all the ascended Reiki Masters, Jesus, Mary, Buddha, St. Luke, archangel Michael and Gabriel, as well as anybody else in a helper capacity who wants to help, and give thanks in advance for the blessings received.

I was tired, so it was only 45 minutes. I got the idea that I needed to help my mom engange her free will to ask for a healing miracle from our helpers/angels, etc. I was asking myself, but spiritually one really has to have the will engaged and ask for the help, because it can't really come by itself, unless of course it's your relatives (why? - this planet being a free will zone, everything we do is by free will, right down to solving problems. Those in spirit aren't allowed to help unless we ask because they can't violate our free will. Some people don't actually want help, and others - like me - forget to ask for it enough).

Tomorrow is another Cyberknife treatment. So far, I see no side effects. In fact, today, 2 days later, she's looking better than she has in months.

The first session was less than 45 minutes. I'm going to have the Dick Sutphen Healing Force self-hypnosis CD piped in as the music this time. Lets see what happens.

No comments: